I just spent two weeks holiday in Florida and got back right before TechEd in Orlando started. Sadly, I could not attend the event. Because I don’t want miss the latest news I decided to find a way to download the sessions. I slightly modified my script which I used to download the MMS 2012 Sessions.
At this very moment the event is still running and not all sessions are available yet. I am providing a sessions.txt file where all 506 sessions are listed and this file will be used for downloading the session files.
UPDATE 17.06.2012: If you change the .wmv extension in the sessions.txt file to .pptx the script will also download most of the Powerpoint slides as well.
1. Download the TechEd2012Orlando_Downloader.zip file here. There you will also find a TechEd_NA_2012_session_listing.pdf file with all sessions listed and its corresponding code.
2. Extract the two files TechEd2012Orlando_Downloader.ps1 and sessions.txt to e.g. C:\TechEd2012.
3. In the script you must provide a user name and password. You can either create an account at http://northamerica.msteched.com/ or you can also use your Windows Live account.
4. In the script provide the user name and password and save your changes.
5. Next start a Powershell command shell and run the script by typing
After the script name you have to provide the drive letter where the sessions will be saved in my case it is the D: drive.
6. A folder TechEd2012OrlandoSessions will be created and all available sessions will be stored in this folder.
If a session is not available a file sessions_notavailable.txt will be created in the script folder. In this file you will find all sessions which couldn’t be downloaded. Just rename the file to sessions.txt and start the script again. This way you can easily check later if the session is ready for downloading.
Have fun and let me know if you experience any problems…